Saturday, June 18, 2016

Why Do You Play the Guitar?

Why do you play the guitar? I enjoy asking this question of great players I meet plus my guitar students. You may not remember why, or how you started, and that's okay. However, if you can recall, what was your inspiration to play? Think about these - Did you have a friend that played? Did you see a great live band or guitar player? Heaven forbid, did you think the guitar would make you famous? Any aspirations for greatness - did you want to be famous (I did)? Did you do what so many of us did and trade your air-guitar in for a real one? ~There are so many reasons for wanting to play the guitar, I'd love to know why, please share your story as a comment on this page. Do you remember when you made the decision to play and play well? What was your first guitar? These are all questions that are fun to discuss and remember.

~Eric Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment